It has been found that you can get a second-degree burn by walking on hot pavement. If you have concrete or bricks around your pool, you and your family are at risk of getting seriously injured. If you’re like most people, you put your pool in place as a way to cool off when the weather gets incredibly hot. Thus, to protect yourself when climbing in and out of the water, you might want to consider adding artificial turf around pool areas.
Read on for more reasons why having artificial grass around swimming pools is beneficial.
1. REDUCE SLIPPING ACCIDENTSNot only can concrete and bricks around your pool get incredibly hot and cause second-degree burns, but when these get wet, they become slippery. You may have told your kids about the dangers of running around the pool. However, in the excitement of the moment, they may forget. If they slip and fall, this could lead to serious injuries. In reality, you don’t even have to be running to slip around the pool. If you want to keep everyone around the pool safe, you should put fake grass around the pool. The artificial turf will get wet, but it won’t be as slick as concrete or bricks. When you or your kids have a forgetful moment and take off running for the water, the artificial turf will keep you safer. In addition, turf can be softer and more forgiving. If someone should slip and fall, the damage may not be as extensive as it would be if they hit concrete. When you know that the concrete or bricks around your pool are going to be super hot, then you’ll wear shoes to protect your feet. With multiple pairs of shoes in the area, these can become tripping hazards. Wet shoes might also be worn into the house, where they will create a big mess. Fake grass and pools go together. Adding this to your decking reduces the amount of slipping and tripping hazards so that you and your family can focus on having fun.
2. KEEP THE AREA CLEANSince concrete and bricks can get so hot, you may find that you and your kids head to the grass when you get out of the pool. This will certainly be cooler, but the increased amount of water will result in muddy areas. If you’re hoping to keep your pool area as clean as possible, then adding artificial grass around the pool is in your best interest. This will keep mud, grass blades, and leaves from getting into the water. It can also prevent these items from getting into your house. Should the artificial grass get dirty, all you have to do to get it clean is hose it down. This can save you a lot of time and hassle. Natural grass is also home to a variety of different insects. Puddles in the yard can attract even more. The more bugs around your pool, the more chances there are of them getting in your pool. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time skimming the surface of the water to get rid of bug corpses, then consider putting fake grass around your pool.
3. RESISTANT TO CHEMICALSHaving a pool means that you need chemicals to keep it clean. If you have natural grass around your pool, the chemicals may kill it. In addition, if you use fertilizers or weed killers on your grass, these might get into the pool. Should that happen, it can cause damage to your filtration system or make the water unsafe to be in. Artificial grass is resistant to a wide variety of chemicals. and you don’t need to use fertilizers or weed killers to make it look good. That makes it the best option to add to the decking of your pool to keep your pool and people safe.
4. IMPROVED DRAINAGEKids playing in the pool means that there will be a lot of splashing. Whether they are doing cannonballs or trying to get you wet, that water will end up on the deck or on your lawn. Should it get into the grass, it may not be able to drain properly, which will result in puddles and mud. If that water gets onto concrete or bricks, it can also create puddles, which can then create slip hazards. When you install artificial grass around swimming pools, you won’t have to worry about the water that builds up on the deck. Fake grass is designed with drainage capabilities in mind. It can stand up to as many cannonballs or water fights as your kids can create.
5. AESTHETIC APPEALNot only can fake grass around your pool improve safety, but it can also make the area aesthetically appealing. Artificial turf has advanced since it was first introduced. No longer does it look like a green plastic mat that you’ve placed around your pool. State-of-the-art synthetic grass can look almost exactly like a natural lawn. Fake grass also requires less work and upkeep than your yard, and that means you won’t have to worry about grass clippings or mud. You also don’t have to worry about watering it to keep it green. Artificial turf stays green all year long. Many people install artificial grass on their property because it requires less maintenance—and not just around their pools. Although, when you do put it around your pool, you get to spend as much time relaxing in and next to the water as you want. That can make the time you spend outside even more enjoyable.
ADDING TURF AROUND POOL AREAS IS A GOOD IDEAIf you’re ready to add artificial turf around pool areas, then contact Complete Synthetic Turf. We have more than 40 years of experience installing artificial turf for a variety of different needs. We also have a large selection of turf options to choose from. You’re sure to find the fake grass that will keep your pool and yard looking amazing. At the same time, it will also keep you and your family safe. Get your synthetic grass installed today!